Mason jars may store your grandmama’s strawberry jam, but nowadays they are a vintage shabby-chic icon in decorating homes and now, weddings. There are so many different uses for these cute, rustic, and cheap (!) pieces, and we have compiled a list of some of our favorite sightings of them in real life weddings. Local stores like Kmart, or craft stores like Michaels andHobby Lobby sell these cheaply in bulk, but your best bet is to search thrift stores and garage sales for the most unique and truly vintage looking jars. Now your glass will certainly be half full as you enjoy your mason jars as:
1. Lighting: Fill the jars with tiny white tinkly lights or battery powered LED solar lights to set your nighttime reception aglow! A truly enchanting look.
2. Lanterns: Similarly, fill your mason jars with rocks, sand, or coffee beans, and then place small tea candles inside. Decorate the jars with ribbons, or twist wire to transform your jar into a DIY lantern.
3. Flower Vases: For a truly rustic-chic look, fill your mason jars with fresh or fabric flowers. You can simply set the jars in the middle of tables as a centerpieces, or hang them with wire from chairs or tree limbs. Decorate the jars with ribbons or twine, or fill them with water or even coffee beans once flowers have been arrange inside them.
4. Sweets Jars: Fill jars up with sweet treats, ice cream, or candy to give as favors to guests.
5. Drink Glasses: Perfect for any beverage from sweet tea to whiskey!
6. Vintage Photo Frames: Feature old black and white photographs of family members on their wedding days to create a uniquely vintage style.